Roofing Contractors: 10 Reasons to Choose Tile Roofing
Time for a new roof? If so, you are most likely considering every option, from shingles to metal. You might not have considered investing in tile roofing, but here are a few reasons you should ask your roofing contractors about it:
- You are looking for cost-effective roofing: Tile roofing is actually not as expensive as you might be thinking. It’s more cost-effective than wood or asphalt because it uses fewer materials and lasts longer.
- You want to increase the value of your home: A tile roof will boost the curb appeal of your home, differentiating your home from the rest. If you want to sell your home in the future, tile can give you a much-needed value booster.
- You want roofing that withstands all types of weather: Whether it is snowing or hot, tile roofing holds its own. It can stand against rain, snow, hail, and wind. Plus, tile will not rot in wet conditions.
- You want a roof that will last a long time: Clay tiles were first used in Neolithic China, and many of those roofs are still standing. So if you were thinking whether investing in a tile roof will be worth it in the long term, it’s definitely a great long term decision.
- You want some versatility in color, shape, and size: Tile roofs don’t have to be Spanish-style. You can add tile roofing to a Mediterranean, Colonial, or contemporary home with no problem. Find a tile that matches your personality or your personal style.
- You want better insulation: Energy bills can be expensive, so insulation is incredibly important. Tile roofs provide excellent insulation thanks to the tiles themselves as well as the decking and air space between them.
- You want a roof that is low maintenance: You might be surprised at how little maintenance a tile roof actually requires. Most attention must be paid to gutters, flashings, and venting. You don’t have to look for missing shingles, painting, cleaning, and coating. For the maintenance it does need however, make sure you contact a trusted roofing specialist.
- You want to avoid pest destruction: No one likes pests and critters invading the roof of their home and making noises all hours of the night. Did you know that tile roofs are not susceptible to pests like other roofing options?
- You want a roof that is environmentally friendly: Tile roofs are actually made from natural materials that will not deplete resources the world needs. Plus, tiles can be recycled after use, making you an eco friendly home owner, and they allow your home to be more energy-efficient.
- You love the look of tile: Seems straightforward right? If you like the way a roof looks, it’s only natural that you want that for your home as well. So what are you waiting for? Go get that tile roof of your dreams!
Tile roofing is a fantastic idea if you want to update the look and feel of your home. Do you have questions about tile roofing? Contact us to learn more about roofing options for your home.